Cautiously optimistic about 2022? Hey, us too! We’re just trying to make sure any New Year’s resolutions we make aren’t all front-end and no back-end.
WHAT’S NEW WITH US
Before we look ahead, let’s take a look back! The relentless growth of the cloud continued.
If you’re still recovering from the holiday gauntlet, cozy up and sit down with our 2021 Year-in-Review. Between huge leadership changes, tons of mergers and acquisitions, and an emphasis on multi-cloud, security and sustainability, 2021 was a wild ride in the tech world as well as the rest of it. Dig in!
NEW TIDAL CREW
Our high-performance team just keeps growing! If you like what you’ve been seeing with us and want to join in, see if one of these roles might be a fit:
AWS Cloud Migration Consultant - Migration & Modernization
Azure Cloud Migration Consultant - Migration & Modernization
Azure Cloud Architect - Migration & Modernization
Migration Hacker - Product Team
Migration Hacker - Partner Services Team
In case you missed it, we just wrapped up the final instalment of our awesome Clarity-Driven Cloud Migration Webinar Series on December 9th.
Not to worry, you can still catch the three-part series recorded on our site:
Part 1 - Descaling to Scale
Part 2 - Overcoming the Gap
Part 3 - Optimizing Flow
We’ve been intent on ending the year strong with two new recently released features for you to take advantage of for your migration projects.
The first is a new Notes feature, with the ability to easily capture notes and other ad hoc info about your applications and infrastructure during your migration project. Just click the notes button on the upper right of any application record.
The second is a new command in Tidal Tools to allow you to easily interact with the entire Tidal API. This lets you easily ingest data during the discovery phase or build lightweight integrations for reporting during planning. All without having to write any HTTP requests directly! Give it a try with tidal request on the CLI.
- AWS targets the energy industry with launch of the AWS Energy Competency Program - AWS was on fire early this month. At their annual re:Invent conference, they announced a slew of new updates, including their plan to formally identify AWS partners who have a knack for all things green. One partner, Slalom, has been helping TC Energy manage their natural gas pipelines by optimizing gas scheduling and throughput. Oh the places they’ll go!
- Oracle targets healthcare cloud expansion with $28.3B Cerner deal - After the few years we’ve had, it’s no surprise that tech companies are coming for the healthcare sector. Oracle’s bid for the massive electronic healthcare records software provider Cerner Corp., will help them join the race!
- Nasdaq partners with Amazon to move market trading to the cloud next year - Much like Google’s partnership with CME last month, Nasdaq will be starting to trade in the cloud with AWS as early as next year. We’ve come a long way since those little pieces of paper, haven’t we?
- Equinix is acquiring Nigeria’s MainOne for $320M as it expands into Africa - The U.S. real estate investment trust company specializing in data centers has joined forces with MainOne CEO, Funke Opeke, who built MainOne as West Africa’s first privately owned, open access undersea high-capacity cable. Combined, they’re solidifying Nigeria and Ghana as data center hubs.
- AWS and Pfizer team up to develop cloud solutions to speed up medical development - It seems there’s more to Pfizer than just vaccines. Together with AWS, they’ll be using machine learning, analytics, and other capabilities to optimize manufacturing and clinical trials, getting new medicine out faster.
That’s all for that year we called 2021, and if you’ve had a good time with us, let us know by sharing with the links below to keep your small talk game on point.
And if you missed us last month, catch up on our November Newsletter.
Stay golden and see you in 2022!