Guys, the future is now. Never in a million years could we have imagined such a perfect, life-like vision of robotics in this lifetime…wink
WHAT’S NEW WITH US
NEW TIDAL CREW
Ok so we’re not building robots, but we’re looking for some top-notch innovators to join our team at Tidal! If you like our stuff and want to dive into an evolving career, we want you with us.
Could one of these roles be your new Monday morning?
New to the cloud? Our next All-Virtual Migration Enablement Workshop will be spread over 2 days, coming up on September 1st and 2nd, 2021, from 6:00PM-9:00PM EST each day (or 8:00AM AEST). Register now and join us from home while our own David Colebatch walks you through the end-to-end cloud migration process.
If you can’t make it, our next session will be Tuesday, September 14th, 2021!
Looking to empower your Cloud Centre of Excellence? Sign up for a dedicated, private workshop and power up your migration factory!
Capturing your existing server specifications and utilization with Machine Stats
If you’re just starting out on your migration process, don’t miss Tidal’ Machine Stats.
This tool provides a simple and effective way to gather machine statistics from a server environment as a first layer of a Tidal discovery process, providing you with critical information for your migration project, such as RAM usage, operating system versions, storage, and CPU details, all in one place. And it works on all unix-like systems as well as Windows!
Learn how to use Machine Stats with this hands-on tutorial, with just one click through your Google Cloud account.
If you have any questions on how you could use it to quickly collect data in your next migration project, we’re happy to chat.
- FreshBooks reaches $1B+ valuation with $130.75M for its SMB-focused accounting platform - A unicorn is among us in Toronto, with cloud accounting software company FreshBooks reaching a valuation of $1B with new backer Barclays in their corner, among others. What’s more, this user-friendly software for small business owners is also uncovering and addressing metrics like speed of economic recovery from the pandemic. One for the good guys!
- Electric exploration submarine vies to be SpaceX of sea - We like to cover air, sea, and all frontiers here at Tidal, and it looks like submarines are now going electric. Since the UN announced their plan to map the entire ocean by the end of the decade, autonomous submarine developer Bedrock decided to get in at the ground floor…
- Adobe adds healthcare to the Experience Cloud - Adobe is introducing improved data unification and privacy to help healthcare customers gain a bit more trust in the idea of a digital medical experience. No more doctor’s offices? No problem!
- Google’s new tool helps you find abandoned cloud projects and delete them - Google wants to get rid of the projects you’ve grown tired of, and help reduce security risks at the same time. But it won’t be indiscriminately deleting things! The program is able to identify low-activity projects as well, so you can see what’s taking up too much space, and if it needs to be doing so
- SoundCommerce partners with Google Cloud to help brands “act like Amazon” - Without the insane price tag! This Seattle-based company helps brands leverage their data to make both operational and marketing decisions. And you can find it through Google Cloud Marketplace!
- Tech leaders can be the secret weapon for supercharging ESG goals - If you’re a CTO with saving the planet on the brain, you’re in the right industry. This article details the considerations CTOs (and others) can take to reduce carbon, improve diversity and inclusion, and improve efficiency on all counts.
That’s all for August, and if you’ve had a good time with us this newsletter, let us know by sharing (links below) and keeping your friends in the loop.
And if you missed us last month, catch up on our July Newsletter.
Stay united and see you in September!