It’s been a spooky month under the wave here at - we aren’t nearly as excited about candy as we are for our upcoming workshop…
APPLICATION TECHNOLOGY DISCOVERY:
- A lot of times the hardest part is knowing where to start. Luckily it’s a few-second pulse-check with our app tech discovery feature, where you can target that low-hanging fruit for migration and get instant insight into your applications.
It is upon us! Our full-day Cloud Migration Workshop is kicking off this Tuesday October 29th from 9-5pm EST at our offices at 901 King Street West in Toronto. Register now and get ready to meet industry leaders and fellow developers while our own David Colebatch walks you through the first 3 phases of the cloud migration process. Breakfast and lunch are on us!
Can’t wait? Take a sneak peak at a teaser of the kanban template you’ll walk away from the workshop with, gearing you up for migration with a comprehensive action plan!
- If you’re looking to access our past webinars, they’re also available on demand after you register.
- Ubuntu 19.10 delivers Kubernetes at the edge, multi-cloud infrastructure economics and an integrated AI/ML developer experience - Behold the new face of Ubuntu with the latest version launched on the 17th! And it’s brought with it a fresh Raspberry Pi hot out the oven.
- AWS Customers Rack Up Hefty Bills for Moving Data - Debating cloud data charges? Here’s the high-end of the usage spectrum: In 2017, Apple spent $50m in network charges, representing (just) 6.5% of their AWS bill of $775m.
- Announcing Distributed Application Runtime (Dapr), an open source project to make it easier for every developer to build microservice applications - Dapr is helping developers build harder, better, faster microservice applications. It’s also multilingual! So feel free to brush up on…
- What’s New In Python 3.8 - It’s raining releases! The latest version of Python boasts a host of useful shortcuts and updates including an adorable code called ’the walrus operator.'
- Identity Thief Spends $5 Million on Cloud Computing to Mine Cryptocurrency - And we thought we were fans of cloud computing…making several accounts with AWS and Google Cloud with stolen identities, this joker ended up getting nabbed for unpaid cloud service bills.
- AWS Cross-AZ Data Transfer Costs More Than AWS Says - And to finally find out why data wants to get the hell out of Ohio…an experiment on AWS data transfer pricing by Corey Quinn.
- Microsoft Wins $10 Billion Pentagon Cloud Contract, Beating Amazon - Point Microsoft! But Amazon and Oracle aren’t taking The Defense Department’s announcement lying down…
That’s all for October 2019. If you’ve enjoyed reading this, please consider forwarding it and follow us on social media (links below) to stay up to date.
And in case you missed it, check out our September newsletter.
See you in November!